Friday, August 30, 2013

WWJD? What Would Jewel Do?

Regarding the once-ubiquitous "WWJD/What Would Jesus Do?" bracelets, I've always joked that what Jesus would do is probably not wear a bracelet that said "What Would I Do". This time I'm making a Jewel-related bracelet (the second of two Jewel-related comics in fact!), which helps me get through the day by thinking about what advice the folk-country singer-songwriter might give in times of trouble. Here are some of her possible responses.
Me: Jewel, I'm applying for a teaching position, what should I do?
Jewel: Follow your heart, your intutition. It will lead you in the right direction.

Me: Jewel, which watch should I wear today?
Jewel: Your hands are small, you know. For a guy. 

Me: I just slept with my boyfriend's ex, what do I do, Jewel?
Jewel: Stop breaking my heart with these foolish games!

Me: Jewel, I just bought this WWJD bracelet at your new concert. What do you think?
Jewel: What I want to know is, who will save your soul from this incredibly clever marketing scheme? That's what I wanna know.

No comments: