Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jackson Pollock Nativity Scene


I made a nativity scene for Sally in the style of Jackson Pollock. That way you can have your Christmas miracle and your action painting too, without having to give up Clement Greenberg for the Magi. I also finally got a picture of my mid-century modern dentist's office, which was made only a few years ago. It was basically the main reason I went to that dentist (and it lived up to its expectations). The typography is so good. Also, who doesn't love addresses that are (number) and one-half?Also, I got to sing in the Pittsburgh debut of John Adams' On the Transmigration of Souls, featuring the Pittsburgh Symphony, a childrens' choir, Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh, and electronic tape soundtrack. Then Sally and I met John Adams, and he was totally charming and genuine and happy! Especially for being, oh, you know, the preeminent living American composer of our time (sorry Carter, you're just so a hundred years old). Adams can also feel lucky: he now posesses a signed copy of a photo of me and Sally, which we gave to him in exchange for his autograph on our box sets of his work. My family and friends came to visit for the performance and it went really well!

No comments: