Friday, June 04, 2010

Names of Places

Short list of places I would like to visit purely on the pronunciation of its name:

Addis Ababa
Kyrgyzstan
Saskatoon
Missoula
Boise
Tuvalu
Sacramento
Cote D'Ivoire
Oman
Nuuk
Taipei
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Honshu
Saskatchewan (obviously)









I know that these names are totally random, some cities, some countries, some islands. Some of these places I even blogged about before, as I'm fascinated by places that are scarcely populated. But once you go, you get the pleasure of having the story around the dinner table, "Remember that time I went to Baffin Bay just because I thought it sounded good? That was a good time."

We've past the 20,000th visitor! Congratulations to whoever you are. Perhaps I'll have a party on the internet for the 25,000th patron. You'll get a slice of internet cake, your choice of flavor. (Insert joke about delicious "bytes" here.)

Photo: skyline of Nuuk, capital of Greenland. Courtesy of Wikipedia.

No comments: